Pak Media Maintains Radio Silence on Disappearance of Sufi Clerics

Mar 19, 2017, 00:21
Pak Media Maintains Radio Silence on Disappearance of Sufi Clerics

"We would also thank Pakistan media", Aamir Nizami said.

She added: "We have also contacted their host in Karachi who appears to be under pressure not to speak to the Indian High Commission".

India's external affairs minister, Sushma Swaraj, said on Twitter earlier this week that she had taken up the case of the missing clerics.

Sources say they were detained by the Pakistani intelligence agencies when they landed in the country to meet their relatives.

"Pakistan's Foreign Office has confirmed they have been traced and reached Karachi", the Press Trust of India reported, citing unnamed sources. Syed Asif Ali Nizami is the head priest of New Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah.

Murder victim's mother joins anti-death penalty protesters at rally
Following Hurst, Florida still permitted death sentences by non-unanimous jury vote, requiring at least 10 votes rather than 12. Debra Clayton . "I have given this issue extensive, painstaking thought and consideration", Ayala told reporters Thursday.

"Indian nationals Syed Asif Nizami aged 80 years and his nephew Nazim Ali Nizami had gone to Pakistan on 8 March 2017", Ms Swaraj said.

Nazim Ali apparently called relatives in Delhi to inform them that while the older cleric had been cleared to fly to Karachi, he himself had been detained at Lahore by airport authorities on the ground that he did not have all the travel documents.

Hours later, the Pakistan foreign office told the Indian high commission that the clerics had been found in Sindh province and had since reached the home of Syed's sister in Karachi.

"Those of you [who] know Sufi history would surely know of the relationship between Hazrat Nizamuddin and Gharib Nawaz who is venerated at Data Darbar, Lahore". Pakistan had claimed that that Asif was allowed to go to Karachi, but Nazim was stopped at the airport itself. On Thursday, shortly after posting pictures of their visit to the Datta Darbar shrine in Lahore, the two men disappeared from the airport. Meanwhile, Pakistan on Friday said it was looking into the matter.