White House in lock down after vehicle bomb scare

Mar 20, 2017, 00:38
White House in lock down after vehicle bomb scare

Security has been tightened at the White House after a auto approached a checkpoint, according to the US Secret Service, Reuters reports.

One person was detained after a suspicious vehicle drove up to a White House checkpoint on Saturday evening, according to a United States Secret Service spokesperson.

He was not armed and was carrying a document he wished to deliver to the White House, CNN reported, citing an unnamed law enforcement source. It was the fourth time he had jumped the fence.

The Secret Service has been criticized for its response to that incident.

The Secret Service said it had taken immediate steps to avoid further security lapses as a result of the breach.

The incident occurred on Saturday night at around 11:05 p.m.

We do not want trade war with United States , says Premier Li
The Government is hoping to expand GDP by about 6.5 per cent this year - a slowdown from 6.7 per cent growth last year. The impact would be felt mostly by foreign, especially USA , companies, he said, citing a report from an.

White House intruder close enough to "rattle the door handle" McMullin open to challenging Chaffetz or Hatch in 2018 House panel approves Postal Service finances legislation MORE (R-Utah) said Friday.

There have been two other white house security breaches in eight days.

Donald Trump was not at the White House on Saturday, as he is vacationing with his family in Florida, but the Secret Service had their work cut for them. Trump was inside the residence at the time. "And yet the person is able to get up close to the White House and spend 17 minutes before he's apprehended".

The man did not make it to the White House fence.

On November 26, 2015, a man draped in an American flag climbed a White House fence during a Thanksgiving celebration at the executive mansion.