Woman who streamed boyfriend's shooting death arrested in assault

Mar 07, 2017, 00:32
Woman who streamed boyfriend's shooting death arrested in assault

The blows to the head continued once the victim hit the floor, the document indicates, before Reynolds supposedly took the hammer to the windshield of the victim's vehicle.

The victim told police Reynolds and another suspect Chnika Blair attacked her as she got out of her auto in St Paul, Minnesota, on Tuesday morning, the Twin Cities Pioneer Press reported.

Furthermore, it appears that after knocking the woman to the ground, Diamond Reynolds jumped on her and continued to strike her with the hammer. The officer involved in the incident, Jeronimo Yanez, has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and is awaiting trial.

There was a "continuing" conflict between Reynolds and a friend of the victim who had allegedly damaged her vehicle, according to cops. The victim, 25, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Regions Hospital.

Reynolds, Blair and Richardson then reportedly fled the scene in two separate vehicles occupied by seven or eight people total.

Diamond Reynolds, the woman who recorded her boyfriend, Philando Castile's, death during a traffic stop previous year, was arrested for assault on Friday. The authorities did not release any information regarding the condition of Reynolds' victim.

Reynolds is charged with second-degree assault with a unsafe weapon, non-firearm; and third-degree assault causing substantial bodily harm.

Reynolds, the victim claims, approached her and punched her in the head.

Richardson and Blair, who are both St. Paul residents, were charged with aiding and abetting second-degree assault with a risky weapon and aiding and abetting third-degree assault - inflicting substantial bodily harm.

The Ramsey County attorney's office has asked Washington County to handle the case to avoid a conflict of interest.

Reynolds is scheduled to appear as a witness for the prosecution in Yanez's case. The aftermath was live-streamed on social media by Reynolds, who was a passenger in the vehicle along with her 4-year-old daughter in the backseat.

Yanez pleaded not guilty to manslaughter and will be tried in May.

"Every day I can't believe that happened".

After the final shot, Reynolds frantically yelled: "You just killed my boyfriend!" She subsequently lost her job and hadn't been able to find stable employment.